Following my entry on the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award, on 17 February, I received a comment notification from Good Golly Miss Molly, letting me know that she has nominated me for a Liebster Award! Hold on a second—A WHAT? Okay, I honestly didn’t know what liebster means until Nica received the same award some months ago. According to her, liebster is a German word which means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. WHOA.
Miss Molly has prepared 11 questions for me:
Best day of your life so far. I got this from “City Slickers,” that scene when the guys are riding along with the herd and talking. And like their rules, the best day can’t be the day any of your kids were born.
The best day of my life so far is when my then-boyfriend-now-fiancé asked me to marry him. Ask me again in a few months, and I’ll give you a better answer. *winks*
If you could be somebody else for a day, who would it be and why?
I know this is weird, but I’d like to be Lady Gaga for a day. I want to know how it feels to wear those
hideous unique wardrobe. What is an extremist?
What are your three favorite foods?
As of writing, I crave for Crunchy California Maki Roll, Beef Bulgogi, and Seafood Pasta. Oh, this question made me drool!
When did you consider yourself grown-up (if you do)? If you don’t consider yourself grown-up, what will be the marker?
Perhaps the day I realized that my role as the eldest is to look after my brothers more than anything else, that’s when I considered myself a grown-up. It was the time when I began thinking of my brothers’ welfare more than my own.
What tokens, charms, special objects do you keep around to inspire your writing or other work you do if you’re not a writer?
It’s not really a token nor a charm, but I have to wear my eye glasses on whenever I’m in the computer or just plain reading in my iPad to minimize eye-strain.
If you could make up your own astrology signs, what would the name of your sign be and what would be the symbol? Explain.
I’m really sorry, Miss Molly, but I couldn’t think of an answer for this one. :(
Who was your favorite high school teacher and why.
My favorite high school teacher will have to be my senior year English teacher, Mr. Aliton Infante. Next to my mother, Sir Al was the best English teacher I ever had. It was during his tenure that I developed the confidence in public speaking and performing (theater) for a large audience. This holds true to this day.
What was the last live music performance you attended? How did you like it?
Perhaps the last live music I attended was back in college. During the Christmas holiday season, our university holds an annual Paskuhan celebration in the campus, and inviting a few local bands over to play for the students is one of the much-anticipated part of the event.
Someone once said it’s not what we give that defines love but what we give up. Have you ever given up anything for love? What and why?
Technically, I haven’t, but soon I’ll have to give up proximity from my family. When I get married, I’ll have to move across the world to live with my husband. I know it’s going to be a very big adjustment for me and my family, but I’ll do it for love.
What’s your favorite mode of travel?
Travel by car. It gives me the opportunity to stop, pull over, and digest the beautiful scenery along the way.
Eleven Facts About Me
- I am afraid of lizards, geckos, salamanders, iguanas, and all other creatures of the same kind.
- I have never flunked any subject in school until college. It cost me another year to finish my engineering degree.
- I cry whenever a pet of ours dies. Yes, I even cried over the death of a goldfish.
- I have quite a retentive memory.
- To this day, I am afraid of mascots and clowns.
- I have one prominent dimple in my left cheek. (Got it from Dad!)
- I have personally seen the late Blessed John Paul II twice during the World Youth Day in 1995 here in the Philippines.
- I have the tendency to be mysophobic (a.k.a germophobic).
- My all-time favorite cartoons are Popeye, Betty Boop, and Huckleberry Hound.
- I am a very moody person.
- I wore dental braces for ten [long] years. *cue flashy smile here*
In honor of the last 11 followers of my blog, I will give this award to them. Thank you and congratulations, friends!
Hollis Plample | Daily Comic
The Top 10…of Anything and Everything!!!
A Hot Cup of Love
mother | worker | chef | wife
Stuff I Tell My Sister
Sunny Sleeves | Sun Protection & Green Info
The Eleven Questions
- What were you like when you were 21? Or if you’re not yet 21, what do you imagine yourself to be like when you reach that age?
- I’m going to get married in December. Where do you suggest we go for honeymoon?
- Pretend you’re an actor/actress. Which character in a TV series/movie would you like to portray?
- Who/what inspires you to write?
- What musical instrument do you play?
- Are you a leader or a follower by nature?
- What is your least favorite subject in high school?
- If you could relive a moment in your life, what would it be? Why?
- I believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. What’s in your plate in most days?
- What course did you take up in college? If you’re still in high school, what course do you wish to undertake?
- Let’s try to be artsy fartsy. You are given a pair of scissors, paper, stick, and stone. What would you do with all four of them?
- Post 11 facts about themselves.
- Answer the 11 questions they’ve been asked.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers.
- Ask those bloggers 11 questions of their own.
That’s just about it, folks! Have fun!
- The Liebster Award (therantingpapizilla.wordpress.com)
- Winning the Liebster Blog Award! (spreadinformation.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award (lunasmoondance.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award (susiemeserve.com)
- Liebster award (clairelewisco.wordpress.com)
- Getting Recognized – The Liebster Award (beyondbeautytips.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award! (alexanderhicks.com)
- Winning the Liebster Blog Award! RLL (spreadinformation.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award Nominees & Questions (courtneysking.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award (scribblinginthestorageroom.wordpress.com)