I know this entry is long overdue, but I hope posting it on the first day of March kind of makes up for it. On 16 January, my colleague-turned-blogger, Nica, nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. Her quick note on why she’s nominating me gave me a good laugh. According to her, I was the “pestering” colleague who encouraged her to write, and build a site of her own. I am happy to see that it turned out to be a good idea because she’s now getting a lot of traffic in her blog.
Anyway, here are the ten questions Nica required me to answer in acceptance of the said award:
What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
Modesty aside, most people think I’m [still] in my early 20s. It could be the food I put in my mouth, but I’ll have to say it must be the genes. After all, you don’t get an apple from an orange tree, right? I just turned 26 in November, by the way.
If you could meet one person who has died who would you choose?
Incidentally, I thought about this the other day. Now that my wedding draws nearer, I tend to think about my grandparents. All four of my grandparents from both side have passed away, but if I’ll be given a chance to meet only one of them, I’d choose a no-brainer: Tatay Inong. I’ve talked about him here in my blog quite a few times already, so you’d know why.
Nightly owl or early bird?
Definitely an early bird.
Bare or with make up?
I used to wear make-up almost everyday in college and in the first few months of working. Eventually, I grew tired of making it a part of my daily routine, so I go bare-faced in most days. Since then, I seldom had major breakouts which did me good.
Coffee or tea?
Ha! This is a tricky question, Nic! I’ll go with tea.
Forest or beach?
Shoes or sandals?
I’ll go with shoes—sneakers/boots—any time of the day! Besides, I’m not really a fan of strappy sandals for everyday use.
Favorite place to travel.
Anywhere outside the city that has fine sand, vast waters, and jaw-dropping scenery. Trans: BEACH!
One food you could never eat.
I would have answered carrots, but I get to eat them when they’re thinly sliced, so I’ll go with liver.
Ah, this is something Nic and I both have in common: anything powder-scented.
I would have nominated other people for this award, but I thought they are the perfect people to receive this particular award because they have been like sisters-from-another-mother-and-father to me which makes more sense to it. Congratulations, ladies!
- What is that one song that lifts your mood up no matter how bad your day had been?
- What is your most favorite Disney Princess?
- What is that one trait you think you got from your mother/father that you love?
- What is your favorite month?
- If given the choice, what name would you choose for yourself?
- If you could take me anywhere in the world, where would we go?
- What is your worst mannerism?
- What is the most recent book you have read?
- What is your greatest frustration?
- What is the essence of a woman?
- Acknowledge the person who passed the award to you and provide their link.
- Include the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions I posted above.
- Nominate blogs and link those you have especially enjoyed reading. The number you can select is up to you.
- Notify each individual that you have nominated them.
Thank you, Nic, as always for this award. It’s an honor to have been considered like a big sister to you, and I’m very much obliged. You keep doing what you do best, kid!
- Three Awards In A Day: Sisterhood-In-The World-Bloggers Award, Very Inspiring Blogger Award and Sunshine Award (opallaontrails.wordpress.com)
- The Sisterhood Of The World Bloggers Award! (musingsfromnevillesnavel.wordpress.com)
- Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! (strikeaspark.wordpress.com)
- Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award (terry1954.wordpress.com)
- Sisterhood Of The World (Blog Award) (miriamjoywrites.com)
- Sisterhood of The World Bloggers Award: Yay! (avonsbabbles.wordpress.com)
- Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award (wanderoneday.com)
- Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award (cantstayoutofthekitchen.com)