I still haven’t recovered from the craziness brought about by the holidays; in fact, I haven’t even completely cleared my backlog at work. So much going on in my life these days, and I say it’s a good thing. Perhaps I’m just not used to this kind of hanky-panky for I’ve always been the home-buddy type of person.
Anyway, I’m going through my notes—the things I will write about in the coming days—when I realized that I received two awards from two awesome blogger friends, Nica and Ms. Maddie Cochere, in December. These are actually the second and third time I’ve been nominated/given an award. My first blogging award was also bestowed by Nica in September last year: the Super Sweet Blogging Award.
Let me begin with the Blog of the Year 2012 award from Nica. As mentioned in her post, I
convinced pestered her into starting a blog site. It took her weeks to finally give in to my plea, and now she seems to be having fun sharing her thoughts on things (mostly related to politics or those that would start a fire in her comment box) and book reviews from self-published authors from all parts of the world. Nica has come a long way, and not only am I happy for her, I’m proud of her, too!
Thank you, Nica, for this award! In return to this humbling recognition, I would like to bestow the same to the following people (in no particular order):
- Back to the Groove – I am a fan of her writings. She writes short stories (she’s actually working on a manuscript) and poems beautifully. I am not a fan of tragedies or suspense/thriller books and movies like she does, but her works mostly lean towards that genre. At 25, I believe she’s a best-selling author-in-the-making.
- Susan Hunter Mysteries | Maddie Cochere – (I’ll talk about her shortly because she deserves an even better introduction.)
- J-Bo.net | Being 26 is Messy. – I find J-Bo’s posts hilarious. I stumbled into her website when I read her post that was featured in Freshly Pressed. Oh, and if I may add, I think she looks a lot like America Ferrera.
- Sketches from Memory | Sketches and Stuff by Chuck Cottrell – This is yet another funny blog site. It’s a compilation of daily doodles of Charlie “Chuck” Cottrell and his wife, Michelle. Whenever a post from this site appears in my Reader, a daily comic series that never gets old.
- The Middlest Sister | There are 5 sisters. She’s the middlest. – Like J-Bo, I also knew about this blog when one of Nicole’s post was featured in Freshly Pressed.
Maddie Cochere, author of Susan Hunter Mysteries, gave me this award. Like J-Bo and Nicole, I knew her when her post, Stairway to Heaven, was also featured in Freshly Pressed. I thought it was clever that Ms Maddie and her husband came up with limericks with the stairway as their inspiration. I left a comment on her post, congratulated her for the feature, and the rest was history. Ms Maddie had been visiting and reading my posts since, and even leaves me well-thought comments that oftentimes overwhelm me.
Anyway, according to the rules, I am supposed to share seven things about myself, and I mostly write about my personal life, so I’ll try to tell you something that most of you (especially my new followers) may not be aware of:
- I drive a manual transmission (M/T) car. My parents enrolled me to a driving school when I was in college to prevent me from spending the night at a friend’s house. In other words, I must go home to our house regardless of the occasion.
- Carrots are my least favorite vegetable. Well, I don’t like them at all.
- Given a choice, I would rather have an older brother than an elder sister, but growing up, I realized that I’m okay with two younger brothers.
- I am oftentimes mistaken as a boy because of my name.
- I have only been to Australia and Singapore.
- The thing I look forward to the most in marriage is travelling with my family.
- When I say no, I mean no.
Here are the people I want to give this award to (sorry, I couldn’t come up with a list of 15):
- Adventures of Moonchild | Life at 25 and Beyond
- LilyPetal | When Thoughts Pour Out
- All Those Small Things | Something New, Every Day
- The March Owl | Adventures in Life, Crafting, Gardening, and Comic Books
- Love at First Book
This One Lovely Blog Award is just proof of what I consider a budding friendship between Ms Maddie and I. I once told her that if I ever bump into her when I get to the US, I will give her a warm hug. I mean it, Ms Maddie!
And for everyone else who follows my humble website [and takes time to read on my random ramblings], thank you! You are the best!